Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Make one mistake and your name is Mud

 Hi friends, I guess alerts are down right now as well.What else is new though right? Today started off ok but ended badly.It started good , I woke up and read journals before heading off to work.Bret and Anthony were both there.I was happy to see them but then Anthony mentioned something about Cyndie coming by around 1:00 p.m. - Again ???????? Her visits are really getting old , by the way for those of you who do'nt know who Cyndie is she is our sourpuss district manager.Sure enough around 2:00 p.m. there she was with her usual scowl on her face all dressed in black.I fought the urge to hand her a broom in her store as she walked in.I said " Hi" to her when she walked in and she walked right past me and said nothing, nice.I paid attention to my customers and rang them up trying to greet each one as they came in but things started to pick up and I got really busy being the only cashier in front.I focused on helping people at the register and I guess some blond guy from Corporate came in and I was busy and I did'nt greet him so before I left Cyndie walked up to my register and said in a cold tone "There was a guy from Corporate here earlier and he said you did'nt greet him " Then she turned to Bret our new asst manager who replaced Cheryl and beamed at him and said "You were great with him though" Sigh................... guess I need to pull out my Lisa is a loser pin, then Cyndie made a big show of hugging Robin in front of my register while making eye contact with me.I gave her a fake smile and fought tears.Why is it I am always picked on or made to be the bad guy? I started to feel sick at work and I was trying the best I could to be friendly.I think I need to get the hell out of retail.Cyndie has hated me from the first day I started working at World Market, guess she told Anthony about my mistake because I saw them both talking outside when I was at the register.Knowing him he probably stood up for me because he is kind and caring but I am so done.I'm already dreading Christmas Season in my store and it has'nt even started yet.I'm telling you guys , Christmas brings out the ugliness in so many people, it is really sad.I can honestly say this will be my last Christmas working retail, I am shocked I have made it this long really.Another reason to get out of retail is to get away from Cyndie.I am sick of her crap.She needs to find someone else to pick on, I remember my first Christmas at the store how mean she was to me when she came by to visit, once a bitch , always a bitch I guess, sooooooo glad I am off tommorow, it's CSI night too, woo-hoo, I Love You All Lisa XOXO

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself Lisa.  You did your best, you don't have to impress the corporate guy, and don't worry about Cyndie.  You did the right thing by concentrating on your customers.  You know, I find that sometimes women are much more critical of other women in the workplace.  Keep smiling, stay positive, and be the caring person you are.  Luv ya!

Allison : )

Anonymous said...

i had that kind of day:( hope tomorrow is better for you:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Maybe tomorrow will be better! :)
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I bet she picks on you because it upsets you. That is why she looked at you. Try to pretend it doesn't bother you. (Praying for you) After all... Who is she??!!  Someone stupid is what it sounds like. If she ruins your day by getting you upset... SHE WINS! If you act like you don't give a hoot... and it doesn't bother you... YOU WIN! She does it to make you upset. Some people are miserable and they like everyone else miserable too. You know that you are a good worker, right? That is what matters, not what she thinks. Maybe she is jealous because Anthony likes you. You never know what is up with this kind of person. Next time she comes in don't even look her way. Pretend you are busy... and it sounds like you are busy anyway. Keeping you in my prayers... smile because she likes to see you almost cry. Hugs, Janie  

Anonymous said...

Sorry about all the work problems. Start looking for something now, and you can interview on your days off. Dont' be miserable there untill after Christmas.
I hope you find something else.
Hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that once again Cyndie has made your day unbearable. I can't stand rude people & tend to tell them straight away. I find this approach works well for me cause people don't tend to be as nasty the second time around. Why wait to get out of retail until after Christmas? I'd start looking now ... job positions are gonna start opening up soon if not already. Emmi

Anonymous said...

(((((((((Lisa)))))))))) I sure do hope today is better and the Cyndie witch goes away.
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I am putting a spell on Cyndie right now..;-)
she better leave you alone....
hate bullies...
Hang in there kiddo...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

((frowning at the evil Cyndie is a Witch comment))  sheesh, not all Witches are evil...ya know????? dang.
Well hunny bunny, I thoroughly understand about the retail ghouls etc.  And yes, there are some mean, wicked, nasty people out there - especially at the holiday season.  You just be true to yourself 'k? I'm sorry that this Cyndie person is so scared of you that she feels she has to pick on you.  ((((((((((Lisa)))))))))))) Teresa

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Just want to make sure that journal isn't public...
I worry about someone you wouldn't want to stumbing upon your journal.
I watched the CSI show on Mon or Tues...it was good to see some time with them together.
Enjoy your day.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Miserable people have miserable lives (meaning Cyndie).  I hate mean people, they are just miserable with their lives so they feel the need to dump on people around them.  I know it's not easy but try to ignore her...it's not advice that I can always follow myself but wish I could, lol.  Hope you find another job really soon, I bet you'll find a place that you really like and won't have to deal with that kind of nonsense anymore.  Enjoy your day off...and watching CSI!!!
xoxo, Heather

Anonymous said...

PS Sorry about your day with Cyndie...what a drag.
I hate when I say hello to someone and they don't respsond.
I work at a school and I am so suprised by the teachers that have a stick up their ass.
Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad day at work, Lisa.  I swear sometimes, supervisors, and just 'people' in general can be so mean and hurtful.  You are so sensitive, and they probably know it.  You would be surprised at the people who do things deliberatly to hurt others.

I hope today is better for you!  Well, of course it will be... It's CSI night! :)

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I hope you find another job you like soon. I don't blame you for not wanting to have to put up with that. I tried to comment the other day and AOL was being something else. Didn't want you to think I wasn't reading I am... I just can't say anything.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's time for a new job!  Hope today is better.
Missie

Anonymous said...

i think  your boss dislikes you and there is nothing you can do to change it. What i do in those situations is just smile and keep on walking and ignore them. She is an ass.
Dont cry over her..that is giving her too much power.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Rude people like that are hard to be nice to....plus what she should have done was congratlate you on taking care of your customers! Because thats what retail is all about.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

No one is perfect Lisa.  Dont' let this old prune make you feel bad!  rose

Anonymous said...

What a bitch!  It's kinda hard to talk to the bigwig when you're the only cashier and you're busy doing your job.  Would they rather have you not doing your job?  That's prolly what the bitch would want to find a reason to fire you.  Oh well.....try not to let the bitch bother you. I know it's hard.  If she sees she can can under your skin, she'll continue to do it.  I would just smile at her all the time when she comes in.  That will really piss her off.  LOL
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

I know that xmas is probably a mad house were you work
Hug your way
Donna In TEXAS
Sorry I haven't been around stupid alerts are screwing me up and pisses me off