Friday, August 31, 2007
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
Sunday, August 26, 2007
The little boy reached into his pocket and pulled out some change."I have $ 2.37" he said "Can I please look at them ?"
The store owner smiled and whistled and out of the kennel came Lady, who ran down the aisle of his store followed by five teeny, tiny balls of fur.One puppy was lagging considerably behind.Immediately the little boy singled out the lagging, limping puppy and said " What's wrong with that little dog?"
The store owner explained that the veterinarian had examined the little puppy and had discovered it did'nt have a hip socket .It would always limp.It would always be lame.The little boy became excited "This is the puppy I want to buy"
The store owner said "No you do'nt want to buy that little dog.If you really want him , I'll just give him to you.
The little boy got quite upset , he looked straight into the store owner's eyes, pointing his finger and said "I do'nt want you to give him to me.That little dog is worth every bit as much as all the other dogs and I'll pay full price.In fact I'll give you $ 2.37 now, and 50 cents a month until I have him paid for"
The store owner countered "You really do'nt want to buy this little dog.He is never going to be able to run and jump and play with you like the other puppies"
To this the little boy reached down and rolled up his pant leg to reveal a badly twisted , crippled left leg supported by a big metal brace .He looked up at the store owner and softly replied "Well I do'nt run so well myself and the little puppy will need someone who understands"
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Friday, August 24, 2007
Thursday, August 23, 2007
I went back to work feeling like a train wreck from the lack of sleep last night.I tossed and turned all night , it was very warm in my bedroom even though I had the sliding door open.Also there was a mosquito in my room buzzing in my ear all night, Towards the end of my shift today this older woman who turned out to be a huge pain in the ass was trying to return an item that was'nt ours and demanding her cash back and saying her daughter had purchased the item from us she claimed.She thought it was one of our metal water containers that had been recalled a couple of months ago but this item clearly was 'nt metal.It was a glass straw holder and I knew it was'nt from our store.I called Anthony over and he told the woman that it was'nt from our store too.The woman proceeded to argue with him and I felt a need to defend Anthony, I told the old douchebag that in all the 7 years I worked I had never seen that strawholder and when Anthony flipped it upside down it had a bar code I could see was'nt ours.Anthony told her we could'nt take it back and she had a hissy fit and told him he would be hearing from her and she was disappointed in how he had handled the return.When she walked away I told him I was sorry and he did'nt deserve that" She left the strawholder behind and Anthony took it and put it in the office.I hope she does'nt call Corporate on him and try to get him in trouble.I would totally defend him if she did.Anyhow I am working again tommorow, 9 -5 , hopefully I will get some sleep tonight, Have a good Friday everyone, I Love You All Lisa XOXO
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Monday, August 20, 2007
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Friday, August 17, 2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Hi friends, it's Thursday -woo-hoo !!!!!!!!!!! Also CSI night on CBS as well.I am going to put a different twist on the Thankful Thursday entry and list 5 things that have annoyed me this week and 5 things I am thankful for.Here goes, I'll do my annoyed list first.
1) My mom, we have been fighting for two days.
2) Another thing that has annoyed me this week has been good old Aol.I got so many alerts for blank entries this week, so once again thanks Aol for your wonderful service as always.
3) Another thing that has annoyed me this week is believe it or not - Anthony because he only put me down to work one day this week, WTH ???????
4) Another annoying thing this week , when I saw the cover for the 7'th Season of CSI with just Billy Petersen and Marg Helgenberger on the front, I love both Billy and Marg very much, but I think the whole 5 members deserved to be on the front, George Eads, Gary Dourdan and Jorja Fox are all of what makes CSI such an amazing show.
5) My 5 'th annoying thing this week is I have been feeling a little down and I have'nt had the momentum to update my CSI journal.I am just praying that when the new Season of CSI starts Jorja will be back for the whole Season 8 and if anyone gets replaced on there , it will be Sophia, the blond police detective who is rumored to star on a new show in the Fall.
Ok here are my 5 Thankful Thursdays
1) I am thankful Mr Red is gone for the month and I feel a little better now.
2) I am thankful that I will be going back to Vegas in a few weeks.I love it there and it's my favorite place in the world.
3) I am thankful Debbi will be moving back here in a week or two.I really need a friend to hang out with and talk to.My social life is pretty quiet and I have'nt had much luck making friends around here, not to mention I live among neighbors who are unfriendly and non -sociable.
4) I am thankful I was able to work out 3 times so far this week.I felt a lot better then I have been lately.
5) Most of all I am thankful for all of you, you all give me the strength to keep going and inspire me so much.I wish all of you lived closer to me.Thanks for all of your support and friendship.You all mean the world to me,I mean that, I Love You All Lisa XOXO
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Monday, August 13, 2007
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Friday, August 10, 2007
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Hi friends, hope you all are enjoying your Thursday.My sweet online friend Gretchen started posting Thankful Thursdays in her journal and then Chrissie started doing it too, I always thought it was a cool idea, here are my 5 things I am thankful for today
1) That I have a private journal so no mean trolls like Johnjjschmidt come and leave me nasty comments.It would be kind of fun to tell a troll off though.Probably be satisfying, lol.
2) That the headache I had for two days in a row went away
3) That the three homeless kittys, Grissom, Catherine and Warrick are getting food now.
4) That it is CSI night tonight on CBS and one of my favorite episodes is on Fallen Idols.
5) But most of all I am thankful for all of you in J-Land who read my journal.Thanks for all of your friendship and continued support, I do'nt know what I would do without all of you !!!!!! I Love You All So Much Lisa XOXO
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Hi friends, hope you all are having a good Wednesday.So how many of you are cookie lovers like me?????? Lol, found one of my favorite cookie recipes to share and tommorow night at 9:00 p.m. on CBS is the CSI Fallen Idols, That episode is one of my favorites and the ending is very Grissom and Sara and sweet !!!!!!!!!! So watch CSI tommorow and bake yourselves these amazing cookies before you watch the show, Love You All Lisa XOXO
Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies
2 ounces of semi sweet chips
3 Tbsps of unsalted butter
1 tsp of expresso powder
1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 of baking powder
1 cup pecans
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 F, melt 8 ounces of the chocolate chips with the butter and expresso powder, if using a heat proof bowl , set over a saucepan of about 1 1/2 inches of nearly simmering water whisking until smooth, remove the bowl from the heat.
Beat the sugar, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed in a large bowl until smooth and well-blended.Whisk in the chocolate mixture.Sift the flour,baking powder, and salt over the mixture and whisk until well-blended.Stir in the remaining chocolate chips, the nuts and cocoa powder.
Drop the batter using 1/4 cup for each cookie, about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet, placing 8 cookies on the first sheet and 7 on the second one.Bake one sheet at a time for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes.
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Monday, August 6, 2007
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Friday, August 3, 2007
Hi friends, hope you all are having a good Friday.I worked 9 - 5 today and it was'nt quite as slow of a day as yesterday was so that was good.I kept looking in the Food Court in case Bikini Lady decided to come back , but she did'nt .Maybe she found a nice beach , lol.Anthony was there which I was glad about, when I was in the office for a minute we locked eyes and I got butterflies in my tummy and I almost had to look away, it was like an explosion of intensity, ca'nt explain it, chemistry thing, lol.He is so good looking, I got 15 customers to sign up for our emails today and 12 yesterday so he was pretty happy about that.He calls me "The Email champ" lol.This Sunday I'm taking my uncle to dinner at Outback, that should be nice, I still have to get him the $ 25 gift card from Barnes and Nobles's tommorow, I hope you all have a great weekend, I'm off work this weekend, yahoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Love You All Lisa XOXO