Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I got a DVR today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Hi friends, well I did it today.I went shopping at Costco and I bought a DVR for $ 84.99.I am dizzy with happiness right now but there are some things I am wondering about.I will have to call Direct TV and ask them how much it would cost to come out here and install some wiring for the DVR. My cable service now is Comcast.Would it work without someone coming here already ? I noticed too that it is a HD DVR player so I'm wondering if I need a satiellite dish installed ?????? This is all new to me.I am nervous that I may be too dumb to use my DVR.Is it pretty easy to record shows off of the TV ? I am excited about the DVR but also scared about how to use it.Any tips from those of you that have DVR's would be much appreciated, I Love You All Lisa XOXO

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!  It's much better to buy than rent one from your cable co.  
Missie

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you got what you wanted! I am no help on the rest. I do not even know what a dvr is much less how to use it! LOL
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Yeah you did it. I don't think you have to do any of that. the cable cord going to your tv will fit into that DVR box and then you'll need another cord to go from the DVR box to the back of the TV.
The only reason you have to call the cable company is to add the service to your account so the schedule will go to the DVR box and then you can check the shows you wanna record. I know when you call you'll have to give them some number off the bottom or side of the DVR box that's how the send the signal to the box.
It's not hard really. Just call the cable company and tell them you bought a DVR box and you want to set up service what do you need to do. It may be able to be done over the phone mine was. Nobody came to the house I had to do it.
Good luck.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

like i said yesterday, call your cable co. They probably have their own DVR's and will rent them to you or sell them to you at a reduced price. Do you have a HD tv?
Good luck. My life changed completely when i got a DVR.
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

When I got DISH I could have gotten PVR or whatever for $5 a month.  I had no idea what it was.  Now my kids are telling me is pause, reverse, record.  I guess I should have gotten it.  I'm not sure about HD stuff.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

DVR's are great!  You'll love it!  You have Direct TV?  Didn't they have a dvr?  Well, have a good night.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Sorry I can't help you out with answers. We don't have one yet. Have a great week and hope you get things figured out. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with all that stuff!  I have absolutely no knowledge about any of it!

xoxox
Russ

Anonymous said...

If you can, I would return and have my cable co install.
That way you just rent it, and it's all ready to use and you don't have to install yourself.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

I have no idea on how to use one, lol. I hope you figure it out. (((((((Hugs))))))
Cindy