Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Big "Thank You" and Thursday Frustrations

  Hi friends, I went to Costco this morning to try to return the Hd Reciever and they would'nt let me return it, Grrrrr I think it was because I opened it, But there was a number on the box that said if you needed to return the HD Reciever to call Direct TV because it was a Direct TV Hd Reciever.Sigh .............. I hope Direct TV can maybe do an exchange and let me get a DVR instead of the HD Reciever which is useless to me since I do'nt have a high definition TV ( I wish I did) All the better to enjoy CSI.I would like to say a huge " Thank You" to Leene and Lisa Jo for the awesome snail mail I got today.Leene thank you soooooooo much for the CSI novel , I love those books and I did'nt have that one ( I will enjoy reading it very much) Thank you Leene !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also Lisa Jo thank you so much for the picture of Jorja from TV Guide that my kitty sat on a few weeks ago and the maybelline coupons and the kitty food coupon,Thank you so much Lisa !!!!!!!!!!! I love getting snail mail and it made my day !!!!!!!!!!!

I went back to work feeling like a train wreck from the lack of sleep last night.I tossed and turned all night , it was very warm in my bedroom even though I had the sliding door open.Also there was a mosquito in my room buzzing in my ear all night, Towards the end of my shift today this older woman who turned out to be a huge pain in the ass was trying to return an item that was'nt ours and demanding her cash back and saying her daughter had purchased the item  from us she claimed.She thought it was one of our metal water containers that had been recalled a couple of months ago but this item clearly was 'nt metal.It was a glass straw holder and I knew it was'nt from our store.I called Anthony over and he told the woman that it was'nt from our store too.The woman proceeded to argue with him and I felt a need to defend Anthony, I told the old douchebag that in all the 7 years I worked I had never seen that strawholder and when Anthony flipped it upside down it had a bar code I could see was'nt ours.Anthony told her we could'nt take it back and she had a hissy fit and told him he would be hearing from her and she was disappointed in how he had handled the return.When she walked away I told him I was sorry and he did'nt deserve that" She left the strawholder behind and Anthony took it and put it in the office.I hope she does'nt call Corporate on him and try to get him in trouble.I would totally defend him if she did.Anyhow I am working again tommorow, 9 -5 , hopefully I will get some sleep tonight, Have a good Friday everyone, I Love You All Lisa XOXO

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your problems returning it.  That is a stupid policy.  I hope you get some good sleep tonight. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

Geesh... I hope you get that thing back to them and get what you really need. Sorry you didn't get any sleep. You sleep with your sliding door OPEN?! Man I would never sleep around here with anything open. I would be to nervous to sleep. Sorry about the rude costumer.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

what a scam artist. hope you sleep well tonight

Deb

Anonymous said...

People like that can really make a person's day!!!! Hope you get more sleep and sorry about the item that they would not take back. Sounds like the kind of luck that I have. Janie

Anonymous said...

What a day!!!  Hope you have a relaxing weekend..Big hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Relax and enjoy a hassle-free weekend!

xoxoxo
Russ

Anonymous said...

I cant believe they wouldnt take it back, that's not right, you should talk to management.
That woman was trying to be slick, she probably knew it wasnt from your store.
Hope you slept last night.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Some people can be sooooo rude. I was going to take something back to Walmart once when a woman in front of me pulled out this rusted crockpot. It looked a good 5 years old but she said she had just gotten it a month ago & thought it rusting so quickly was poor quality & wanted her money back. She had no receipt, no box, & the stroe didn't even carry the brand so they didn't give her a refund, man was she ticked. Emmi

Anonymous said...

They wouldn't even let you exchange it for the DVR??  Phooey!  Enjoy your weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely weekend.
Huggies,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Some people are plum crazy, and I'm sorry you and Anthony (andeveryone who works in retail)have to deal with them. Hope you slept, and Today was easier. Margo

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I like that possibility.  I'll think twice about buying something big from Costco.  Have a good Friday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I hate people who argue. I hope that direct t.v. will be able to give you what you want!
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Sorry you didn't get your sleep.
That sucks.
I taped show last night, haven't watched yet...but I will.
Sounds to me that Costco has  a ridiculous return policy.
Not having a good day today, son cannot find his wallet, again...but this time it is me who misplaced it.  Sure hope it turns up.  He's extra emotional about it, I think he's upset about the thought of high school starting, he's scared.
When he's stressed so am I.
Hope your day goes well.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll be able to return the hd....and people like that get on my nerves too! Have a good day. :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

she wont call anyone on Anthony...she was a whackjob...i hope you get that receiver returned to someone so you have your $$ back.
Love,lj

Anonymous said...

Hope you get some sleep.   People are exactly why my kid works in the back of the store!  rose~

Anonymous said...

Why in the world would Anthony get in trouble?  If that merchandise was not from your store, than he was completely in the right.  Even if the woman does call Corporate, the only thing you might have to defend him on would be whether or not he was courteous and handled the conversation with the lady in a professional manner, which I'm sure he did.

Big hugs
Jackie