Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Chocolate chunk cookies and CSI- Could life be any sweeter ?

 Hi friends, hope you all are having a good Wednesday.So how many of you are cookie lovers like me?????? Lol, found one of my favorite cookie recipes to share and tommorow night at 9:00 p.m. on CBS is the CSI Fallen Idols, That episode is one of my favorites and the ending is very Grissom and Sara and sweet !!!!!!!!!! So watch CSI tommorow and bake yourselves these amazing cookies before you watch the show, Love You All Lisa XOXO

Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies

2 ounces of semi sweet chips
3 Tbsps of unsalted butter
1 tsp of expresso powder
1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 of baking powder
1 cup pecans
1/4 cup of cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 350 F, melt 8 ounces of the chocolate chips with the butter and expresso powder, if using a heat proof bowl , set over a saucepan of about 1 1/2 inches of nearly simmering water whisking until smooth, remove the bowl from the heat.

Beat the sugar, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed in a large bowl until smooth and well-blended.Whisk in the chocolate mixture.Sift the flour,baking powder, and salt over the mixture and whisk until well-blended.Stir in the remaining chocolate chips, the nuts and cocoa powder.

Drop the batter using 1/4 cup for each cookie, about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet, placing 8 cookies on the first sheet and 7 on the second one.Bake one sheet at a time for about 10 to 12 minutes.

Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes.

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cookies sound great! My husband is the one that controls the TV!!! lol That is why it is so easy for me to get on the computer. We don't like the same kind of shows. I like mystery shows, love animal shows, and love humor. He likes old westerns and history! lol Have a wonderful day, Janie

Anonymous said...

I will watch tomorrow nights episode even if i have to make hubby go to bed too before it comes on, lol. mmmmmm i love cookies. ((((Hugs))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe I'll have to try them. I'll set the recorder just in case something happens and I miss it.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Yummy recipe!!!
Love that CSI! Also like CSI MIAMI, & CSI NY.
Huggies,
Sug

Anonymous said...

those cookies sound so yummy lisa
ttyl
em

Anonymous said...

Afraid I`ve caught the CSI bug!
bella xx

Anonymous said...

the cookies sound yummy!! I will have to make a batch.
Hope you are having a good week!
Maria

Anonymous said...

i'll write down that recipe to use later on!
Love,lj

Anonymous said...

Bake me some of those cookies and send them to me!  LOL

Phil

Anonymous said...

Love chocolate chip cookies...HATE raisin cookies!  Glad you had a happy "hump day".

xo
Russ

Anonymous said...

I'm with Phil, send some to me!

hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

They do sound really good! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yummmy party at Lisa's house!  Have a good great time!  Hugs,TerryANn

Anonymous said...

Yum! I will have to try these.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom