Sunday, August 26, 2007

Puppies For Sale

 A Store owner was tacking a sign above his door that read "Puppies For Sale" Signs like that have a way of attracting small children and sure enough, a little boy appeared under the store owner's sign."How much are you going to sell the puppies for?" he asked.The store owner replied " Anywhere from $30 to $50"

The little boy reached into his pocket and pulled out some change."I have $ 2.37" he said "Can I please look at them ?"

The store owner smiled and whistled and out of the kennel came Lady, who ran down the aisle of his store followed by five teeny, tiny balls of fur.One puppy was lagging considerably behind.Immediately the little boy singled out the lagging, limping puppy and said " What's wrong with that little dog?"

The store owner explained that the veterinarian had examined the little puppy and had discovered it did'nt have a hip socket .It would always limp.It would always be lame.The little boy became excited "This is the puppy I want to buy"
The store owner said "No you do'nt want to buy that little dog.If you really want him , I'll just give him to you.

The little boy got quite upset , he looked straight into the store owner's eyes, pointing his finger and said "I do'nt want you to give him to me.That little dog is worth every bit as much as all the other dogs and I'll pay full price.In fact I'll give you $ 2.37 now, and 50 cents a month until I have him paid for"

The store owner countered "You really do'nt want to buy this little dog.He is never going to be able to run and jump and play with you like the other puppies"

To this the little boy reached down and rolled up his pant leg to reveal a badly twisted , crippled left leg supported by a big metal brace .He looked up at the store owner and softly replied "Well I do'nt run so well myself and the little puppy will need someone who understands"

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really nice story.  Thanks for sharing it.

Allison

Anonymous said...

AWWW That is a cute little story. Have a great week with blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

that story is a bit sad but inspirational.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Awww. sweet story.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

OMG ! Precious

Ellen

Anonymous said...

I always love this story. Thanks for sharing it. Emmi

Anonymous said...

I have always liked that story, have it in the Furr Baby Journal archives. A tear falls each time I read it, TY for posting it.
Sug

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww what a wonderful story. I had tears from it. (((((((((hugs)))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

That was a very nice story.  Very compassionate.  Have a good day.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Sooo  Sweet!  Have a good week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

aaawwww, That was so sweet! Thank you for sharing this.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I really like that!
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

That was so cute.
Missie

Anonymous said...

very cute:) have a good week

Deb